For this reason, we decided to keep Joy Jars for 2014. January was our practice run. The goal was to write something everyday that brought us joy…a kind thing we did for someone, something that we were thankful for, a Bible verse or other saying that resonated with us that day. I say it was a practice run because I think more often than not, we all forgot. But, at the end of the month, we had many joys in our jars to share with each other.
Here is a sampling of our January Joys:
- I was nice to the new kid at school
- Spending time building with my dad
- The hot tub on a cold winter night
- A quiet weekend at home
- Quote: Be who you are not who the world wants you to be.
- Isaiah 26:3-4; You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you. Trust the Lord forever, for the Lord God is the everlasting rock.
- Warm, bright sun on a cold winter day